Foreign Born US Presidents
Though the Declaration of Independence was dated July 4, 1776, it took 13 years to win and confirm this independence on the battle fields. A recognizable new nation called the United States of America, with its own constitution and government was established only in 1783 through the treatry of Paris signed by King George the Third and the representatives of the United States of America.
Prior to this date, anyone born in North America, presently known as USA, was actually born in a British Colony, controlled by England and was a citizen of England and pledged allegiance to the British Crown. Thus nine of the forty-three Presidents, who had served as president, were foreign born. These nine foreign born US presidents are listed hereunder:
1. George Washington (1789-1797) was born in 1732, in the British Colony of Virginia, and was a British subject, until the formation of the Government of the United States of America in 1789, when he became its first president.
2. John Adams (1797-1801) was born in the Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1735.
3. Thomas Jefferson (1801-1809) was born in 1743 in the colony of Virginia.
4. James Madison (1809-1817) was born in 1751 in the colony of Virginia.
5. James Monroe (1817-1825) was born in the colony of Virginia, in 1758.
6. John Quincy Adams (1825-1829) was born in 1767 in the colony of Massachusetts.
7. Andrew Jackson (1829-1837) was born in 1767 in the colony of the Carolinas.
8. Martin Van Buren (1837-1841) was born in 1782 in the colony of New York.
9. William Henry Harrison (1841) was born in 1773 in the colony of of Virginia. He died in office from pneumonia.
The tenth US president, John Tyler (1841-1845) was the First US born president. He was born in March 29, 1790, in the State of Virginia in USA.
Of the several search engines we tried only Bing gave the correct answer by stating some of the US presidents were born under the British crown controlled colonies in North America and listed the US presidents in order with their birth days. Google search referred us to Wickipedia, which wrongly identified the 8th .US president Van Buren as the First US born president. President Van Buren was born in December 5th. 1782 in the British colony of New York. The treaty of Paris establishing USA as a New Country was not signed until nine months later in September 3, 1783.
Thus, so far we have had nine foreign born US Presidents who have served this country with great honor and distinction. The US News Media, as usual, has hidden this historic fact and have blatantly distorted the constitutional requirement needed for an American, Natural born or Naturalized to hold the office of the President of the United States.